quote of the day...

...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about dancing in the rain...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

...a New Year!

Why does it take me so long to update my Blog?? I love to Blog and yet I get so busy with work and play that I forget all about my fun little blog...

What do I want to accomplish this year...well many things...what might you ask...well I am determined to fit back in to some cute little outfits that are hanging in my closet...have I started a plan yet....no, but come Monday, I am re-joining the gym and will have a date with the treadmill and cross-trainer at least 3 times a week if not more...

As I reflect back on last year, there was lots of good things that happened...Gary & Norene tied the knot in Jasper and what a celebration it was! Blaine & I celebrated my 50th Birthday in San Francisco...a special way to mark such a milestone Birthday! Lots of family and friends came to visit...what special memories, floating in tubes down the canal in Penticton, the Enderby Drive-in, and the Great Salmon Run! Sherise has a special someone in her life now that brings such peace and joy to me! ..and we spent the most wonderful Christmas in Edmonton with family...it was most special!

We brought in the New Year with our neighbors here in Blind Bay...and oh what a night it was...my sciatic was bothering me until we started dancing and then it must have been a combination between the wine and stretching that before I knew it....no pain!

The weather here has been really nice...and as we speak it is raining out...and it is January 15th! We have had some pretty snowfalls lately too....it is so peaceful and beautfiul when it snows here ...it just falls straight down and looks like a snowglobe outside!

Tomorrow we plan to take advantage of this incredibly nice weather and go snowshoeing ...perhaps we will see some deer as there sure are alot of tracks around ...

Well here's to a year of good friendships, special bonds of family, health and happiness and good things to happen in 2011! ...and another year ahead of fun and adventurous days in the Shuswap...looking forward to visits from family and friends....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment