quote of the day...

...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about dancing in the rain...

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reminiscing...

Today was a very cool, cloudy and windy day in the Shuswap...one of those days that you just want to stay inside and keep warm. I started the day off with a hot tub and usually it does not take to long to get warmed up but today with the wind it was an exception! It was a day to light some candles, a favorite one of mine, pumpkin chai!


I also thought about perhaps baking something another great thing to do on a cold day...but then thought hmmm...don't need the baking around the house either...the Halloween candy is bad enough! So I thought that rather than bake, I would look at some of the pictures of the cookies that I baked to raise money for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer walk a couple of years ago...it was alot of hard work making, baking and decorating all of those cookies and cupcakes, but also alot of fun....a family affair actually...I can remember mixing up the dough, mom rolling out the dough and cutting out whatever the special cookie was at the time....me rolling out the fondant, my mom, Blaine, and myself painting on the corn syrup on each cookie and them placing the fondant on the cookie, decorating the cookie with the help of everyone and then lastly bagging the cookies up...with the help of Sherise!....and this went on for two years! On some ocassions all my mom and I could do was laugh as we made up yet another batch of dough to be rolled out when we realized that we were short a cookie or two for the order! But I think I can honestly say that we all enjoyed those times together!

I might be bragging, but are they not the most adorable cookies ever?? It is nice to dream some days about things...my pipe dream would be to have my very own cookie and cupcake shoppe in the Shuswap! Anyhow, you just never know and it does not hurt to dream....as sometimes they do come true....just when Blaine thought that he could golf everyday....ha, not when he is helping me in the cookie shoppe!

Well I am just about to watch one of my favorite series, Brothers & Sisters....my other favorite is House....it has become a ritual almost for Blaine and I to watch an episode a night, however, we are now all finish series 1 - 4, so we are now in hot pursuit of series 5!

Cheers....keep warm!

2 comments:

  1. yes those cookies were sure tasty, yes I can see blaine in an apron helping you out in your business

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra
    Yes as Lee said Blaine would be great help in your bake shop. he likes to meet and talk to people he would be good at it.I went back and caught up on all the old news on your blog,boy a lot of stuff i have been missing. Very good keep up the good work,i really enjoyed reading it Love you lots Mom

    ReplyDelete