quote of the day...

...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about dancing in the rain...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

...an interesting sight!




...today Blaine was looking out our back window into the valley and noticed a bald eagle soar by and low and behold it landed on a tree just behind us....these are amazing birds with their incredible wing span...apparently this one was enjoying his high perch!


Another interesting sight here in the Shuswap is a small island located between Sorrento and Blind Bay, called "Copper Island". This island is approx. 2 kms. off shore and has about 3 kms. of winding trails that circle the island with a trail up to the summit where you can see beatiful views of the Shuswap Lake. We have heard that this island is a favorite for cliff diving, boats surround the island to watch the adventurous ones dive into the lake.
















Today was a busy day getting Zoie all spiffed up at the groomers. I just about went in with one dog and came out with two! There were 2 Shitzu's and 1 Westland Yorkie puppies for sale...they were just adorable, you know how puppies are....simply irresistable!

I had a busy afternoon of baking ginger snaps & peanut butter cookies, I wanted to have some sweet snacks on hand for mom and dad when they arrive tomorrow afternoon.

Well I am off for some "tub" time....have a great night!

Chow for now...

2 comments:

  1. Love to look at the pictures you post it will be no time at all before I am making monthly trips there again this summer. Maybe I can bring some visitors out to see you!
    Hope you had a great visit with your parents.
    Back from Mexico and feels like I was never away.
    ML

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mama!

    Your blog looks great. I'm going to start checking it daily! It might help pass the time before I'm THERE! I love seeing all the photos too.

    Love you & miss you,
    Sherise

    ReplyDelete